“Honey, this is the best pizza you have ever made!” ~ My husband
Every other week we have a family pizza night and with our various food restrictions and preferences, I always end up making a few different kinds of pizza to make sure everyone is accounted for within our budget. This week I took on making a THM-friendly S-pizza, so that we could enjoy all the delicious cheese and toppings we wanted! It was a hit! YUM!!!
Trim Healthy Mama has a similar pizza crust recipe called “Speedy Thin Crust Pizza”, so I used this recipe and one I found at AskGeorgie.com to come up with an awesome version of my own! This crust held together nicely, although there may be a few changes I would make next time. But, it was definitely worth making!
Trim, Healthy Tuesday (THM): Grain-Free S Pizza Crust
- 1 1/2 cup egg whites
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup ground flax meal, optional
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1-2 tbsp italian seasoning, or the equivalent of the italian herbs basil, parsley, and oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pepper to taste, if desired
- 1-2 cups marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped, optional
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Toppings of choice: cooked chicken, diced veggies, sliced onions, mushrooms, spinach, turkey pepperoni, roasted red peppers
- Mix together egg whites, coconut flour, flax meal (if using), 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, and seasonings.
- Using a 9×15 cookie sheet, set out a piece of parchment paper on the tray and spray it/oil it to keep things from sticking (I did not do this and it was a pain in the bottom to remove the pizza once cooked).
- Pour the pizza crust mixture onto the sprayed parchment paper-lined cookie sheet and spread it around as evenly as possible, making sure to get to the corners.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at 450F, or until cooked through all over.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly before adding desired toppings. I LOVE fresh basil with pizza for a more authentic taste but use whatever strikes your fancy. We really loaded ours up.
- Put back into the oven and bake at 450F for 5-10 minutes, until toppings have baked up and cheese has melted. Broil on high for a few minutes to brown the crust, if desired.
- Slice up and enjoy! A hearty side salad topped with flavorful S delights is a great addition to this yummy pizza.
Who Doesn’t Love a Good Cheesy Pizza?
I hope this pizza crust works as well for your family as it did for mine! What a great thing to enjoy a guilt-free pizza and not worry about suffering the after-effects of it, let alone the price tag of buying pizza from normal pizza chains!
What kind of pizza is your personal favorite? What are your favorite pizza toppings?